Call for Papers
18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE2022), 20-23 June 2022, Biarritz, France. More detailed information is available on the conference website conference website. You can also download the pdf version of this CFP and share it with your contacts and colleagues.
- Conference paper submission: 1 December 2021
- Communication of results: 15 February 2022
- Camera ready: 28 March 2022
The 18th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE2022) will be held in 2022 in Biarritz, France, from June 20th to June 23rd. The IE Conference is recognized as a major annual venue in the area. It has been hosted all around the world and offers a truly international forum that encourages rich exchanges. Intelligent environments refer to physical spaces in which information and communication technologies are woven with sensing/acting technologies in order to create interacting spaces enhancing occupants’ experience. The ultimate objective of such environments is to provide services to occupants, enrich their activities but also to develop their awareness.
IE is a multidisciplinary event welcoming contribution from a diversity of relevant areas including sensing, networking, human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, software engineering, context-awareness, internet of things, pervasive and ubiquitous computing, etc. The event will include regular full/short papers, a Doctoral Colloquium, a Posters Session and Demos Session as well as an Industrial Forum. Special Sessions will focus on specific topics (details further down).
The conference will include keynote lectures of the following distinguished speakers:
- Prof. Jiannong Cao, Chair Professor of Distributed and Mobile Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Prof. Christine Julien, Annis & Jack Bowen Professor in Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A
- Dr. Maria-Antonietta Grasso, Principal Scientist UX and Ethnography, Naverlabs, France
All full and short papers accepted in the main conference will be published in indexed proceedings (currently in negotiation with IEEE, as in previous editions). All papers accepted in the workshops program will be published in Open Access as a volume of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments Series of IOS Press and electronically available through ACM Digital Library. Both proceedings will be ISI indexed.
As previous editions, several awards (e.g. Best papers, Best short papers, etc) will be programmed to recognize authors outstanding scientific contributions to the area of intelligent environments.
The following workshops will complement the main conference program:
- “12th International Workshop on Intelligent Environments Supporting Healthcare and Well-being (WISHWell 2022)”, organized by Juan Carlos Augusto (Middlesex University, U.K.)
- “11th International Workshop on the Reliability of Intelligent Environments (WoRIE 2022)”, organized by Carlos Rodriguez-Dominguez (University of Granada, Spain), Aditya Santokhee (Middlesex University, Mauritius Branch), Miguel J. Hornos (University of Granada, Spain), and Juan Carlos Augusto (Middlesex University, U.K.)
- “6th International Workshop on Legal Issues in Intelligent Environments (LIIE 2022)”, organized by Pedro Miguel Freitas (Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal), Ugo Pagallo (University of Torino, Italy), Massimo Durante (University of Torino, Italy)
- “1st International Workshop on Sentiment Analysis and Emotion Recognition for Social Robots (SENTIRobots 2022)”, organized by Yudith Coromoto Cardinale Villarreal (Universidad Católica San Pablo, Perú & Universidad Simón Bolívar, Venezuela), Ana Aguilera-Faraco (Universidad de Valparaíso, Valparaíso, Chile), and Irvin Dongo (Universidad Católica San Pablo, Perú & Univ. Bordeaux, France)
- “1st International Workshop on Ubicomp Environments and Proxemic Applications (UbicProxemics 2022)”, organized by Yudith Coromoto Cardinale Villarreal (Universidad Católica San Pablo, Perú & Universidad Simón Bolívar, Venezuela), and José Díaz-Amado (Universidad Católica San Pablo, Perú & Instituto Federal da Bahia, Brazil)
- “1st International Workshop on Edge AI for Smart Agriculture (EAISA 2022)”, organized by Angelo Steffenel (Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne, France)
- “2nd International Workshop on Self-Learning in Intelligent Environments (SeLIE 2022)”, organized by Antonio Coronato (CNR-ICAR, Italy), Ayşegül UÇAR (Firat University Elazig, Turkey), and Patrizia Ribino (CNR-ICAR, Italy)
- “4th International Workshop on Intelligent Environments and Buildings (IEB 2022)”, organized by Mohammed Bakkali (International University of Rabat, Morocco & University College London, UK)
- “2nd International Workshop on Citizen-Centric Smart Cities Services (CCSCS 2022)”, organized by Fábio Silva (Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Portugal), Héctor Alaiz Moretón (University of Leon, Spain), Cesar Analide (University of Minho, Portugal), and Paulo Novais (University of Minho, Portugal)
- And more to come…
The following tutorials will be proposed by well-known colleagues on current relevant topics:
- “Evolving complex networks and their applications in web services” by Olayinka Adeleye, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- “Towards Operating Systems for the Real World” by Tatsuo Nakajima and Risa Kimura, Waseda University, Japan
- “Ontologies for Smart Mobility” by Bilal Farooq, Ryerson University, Canada
- “An overview of the security challenges of IoT solutions” by Arthur Desuert and Amir Ali, University Grenoble Alpes, France
- And more to come…
The following special sessions proposed by members from our scientific community have been accepted:
- “Smart Cities” by Juan Carlos Augusto, Middlesex University, London, UK
- “Human Mobility Analysis in Heterogeneous Urban Environments” by Fernando Terroso Sáenz and Manuel Curado Navarro, Universidad Católica de Murcia (UCAM), Spain
- “Ethics & Privacy Preservation in Data Analytics and Smart Environments” by Antonio Balderas-Alberico, Juan Manuel Dodero, Manuel Palomo Duarte, and Mercedes Rodriguez-Garcia, University of Cadiz, Spain
- “Post-covid Intelligent Environments” by Sherif Aly (The American University in Cairo, Egypt), Takuya Yoshihiro (Wakayama University, Japan), Ahmed Elmogy (Prince Sattam Bin Abdelaziz University, Saudi Arabia), and Hamada Rizk (Osaka University, Japan & Tanta University, Egypt)
Journal Special Issues
As in previous years, a selection of papers will be invited to submit extended versions to indexed journals.
This will be a networking event and an opportunity for the business sector to showcase their innovation.
Paper categories and submission:
- FULL papers should be up to 8 pages (references and appendix included
- SPECIAL SESSIONS papers should be up to 8 pages (references and appendix included)
- SHORT papers should be up to 4 pages (references and appendix included)
- DEMOS & VIDEOS papers should be up to 4 pages (references and appendix included)
- DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM papers should be up to 4 pages (references and appendix included)
All papers should be submitted as PDF on EasyChair : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ie2022 by selecting the appropriate category. They should be formatted according to the IEEE Template for Conference Proceedings, https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html