I work at the African Centre of Excellence in Biomedical Engineering and e-Health and a lecturer at the Africa Center of Excellence in Internet of Things.
In my spare time, I do technical consultations for private companies, both nationally and internationally. My consultations focus on ways small and large businesses can leverage Artificial Intelligence to increase their profit, understand and engage new customers, and achieve a competitive edge through mining their existing data.
I am also an independent full-stack. NET developer, software consultant and architect and have experience developing software including web, desktop client/server applications and application lifecycle management using the Microsoft Technology Stack (.Net Core, MS SQL Server, EF, C#.NET, ASP.NET, Blazor, .NET MAUI, WPF, Web API, etc).
My current research focuses on using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to develop homegrown solutions to healthcare in Rwanda—and Africa in general. In the past, my research focused on affective and physiological computing. My PhD thesis pioneered research on developing intelligent and energy-efficient air-conditioning systems that self-adjust depending on people’s heart rate variability (HRV). This research also investigated the interplay between thermal comfort and stress and laid the groundwork for developing devices that automatically adjust themselves to satisfy their users’ implicit and explicit needs (in terms of, e.g., thermal comfort, ventilation, well-being, and productivity) sustainably— in terms of e.g., heating, ventilation, and cooling efficiency, and lighting).
|Oct 7, 2022||I often anonymously answer questions related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning on question-and-answer websites such as Stack Overflow and Reddit. After long hesitation, I have decided to create a blog that will document my thoughts on Artificial intelligence and to disseminate my current research.|
- Ph.D. thesisAffect-Aware Intelligent Thermal Comfort EnvironmentsMar 2020
- ACIIAffect-aware thermal comfort provision in intelligent buildingsIn 2019 8th International Conference on Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction Sep 2019
- JournalEffect of Person-specific Biometrics in Improving Generic Stress Predictive ModelsSensors and Materials Feb 2020
- JournalHeart rate variability as a predictive biomarker of thermal comfortJournal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing Aug 2018
- JournalConceptual Design of a Collective Energy-Efficient Physiologically-Controlled System for Thermal Comfort Delivery in an Office EnvironmentSICE Journal of Control, Measurement, and System Integration Jul 2018
- JournalDevelopment and evaluation of a low-energy consumption wearable wrist warming deviceInternational Journal of Automation Technology Nov 2018
- Book chapterClassification of Eating Behaviors in Unconstrained EnvironmentsNov 2021